The Simply Fit Board Review
This new product hit most people's radar (like mine) after appearing on the television show Shark Tank.
This review of Simply Fit Board will help you to decide if this is just a more colorful option to a standard balance board - or - if it will really offer you something extra. Something to make it worth buying and using.
Simply Fit Board Claims
- Improves balance
- Gives you a stronger core and tones your legs
- It's a low-impact workout
- You can use it almost anywhere (home and office)
- Comes with free 10 minute workout videos (on-line)
- Suitable for people of all ages
How The Simply Fit Board Works
Even though you can workout almost anywhere with this fit board, the company does recommend that it be used on a smooth and firm surface. Do not use it on a rough surface as that can damage the plastic board.
The Simply Fit Board claims to be “a balance board with a twist” because you will literally twist while using this gadget.
Twisting seems to be the key.
A regular balance board just has you standing in one spot and teetering to balance during use.
An added curve allow The Simply Fit Board that allows you twist while balancing. This creates a more meaningful work out.
The claim is that the twist movement allows you to increase your heart rate which triggers fat to burn.
Their fitness videos include various exercises to activate more of your core and to include your arms to get you a full body workout.
Pros and Cons of The Simply Fit Board
- Low-impact exercise that does not hurt your joints
- Fun for kids to encourage them to exercise
- Easy enough to get beginners started into a fitness routine
- Can be used almost anywhere
- Low cost makes it affordable for anyone to buy
- Complaints of the board cracking by users between 170 to 200 lbs although product is rated for up to 300 lbs
- Many people found balancing too difficult and reported falling and getting injured
- Users with back problems complained they cannot use this board
- Not challenging enough for users who are fairly fit
- No user guide or workout DVD comes with the board - users must these things up online
What Verified Purchasers Said About The Fit Board
This is what was discovered after looking at over 470 reviews left on Amazon:
Overall Star Rating:
Out of more than 470 reviews left, 70% of reviewers gave it a rating of 4 or 5 stars out of a possible 5.
The remaining 30% gave only 3 stars or less because they couldn't use this product due to:
- their balance issues
- product failure (it cracked or broke)
- or it was simply not enough of a workout
Will The Simply Fit Board Help You Lose Fat?
First of all... exercise alone will not help anyone lose a lot of fat without the proper change in diet. What you eat and don't eat is 70-80% of how to best lose fat.
Exercise is actually the smaller piece of the puzzle.
The Simply Fit board might be helpful to a newbie to exercise who is also about to embark on fat loss program.
It's a start.
But it probably won't be enough to get you across the finish line without introducing some other workouts using other kinds of equipment.
Does The Simply Fit Board Work?
Although this board can be a lot of fun for some, and it will get you moving, it may only be enough of a workout for beginners.
If you are already past the beginner stage of exercising, this will probably let you down and just won't be enough of a challenge for you.
Really - this product is more of a gimmick and not a real piece of fitness equipment.
As long as you know that and you still want one just for fun, you are going to find the best price on Amazon.
Otherwise, save your money and go for a run or do a HIIT workout like top rated BODYSHRED to burn fat.
And if you want to really target your abs, check out this post: The Best Exercise Equipment for Ab Workouts at Home